Did you know March was National Craft Month ?
I love the fact that crafting has a whole month devoted to it. In fact, I decided to celebrate it by taking a class on drawing faces. Of course I also plan on taking advantage of as many special events and sales that I can as well. How can you celebrate? Here are a few ideas:
Learn a new craft, skill or technique:
- There’s a huge list of classes at About.com
- Red Heart Yarn is offering free Learn to Knit and Learn to Crochet ebooks
- Step outside your comfort zone and take a class or course that you’ve secretly always wanted to learn but were afraid to. (This is what I’ve done with my drawing faces course)
Share your creative projects:
- Over at Blitsy.com they have an Instagram Challenge, throughout national craft month you can post pictures to Instagram that relate to that days theme for a chance to win Blitsy credits and other prizes.
- com wants you to share your creative projects on a public Pin Board on Pinterest to celebrate.
Get inspired to create new projects:
- Graphic45 is celebrating by offering you tons of papercrafting inspiration to get you creating.
- CraftPaperScissors is having a 31 Days of Craft Projects and an Epic Craft Giveaway to celebrate.
Take advantage of special sales:
- Your local craft stores will be celebrating with special deals all month long, so be sure to check out com, Michaels.com, ACMoore.com and Hobby Lobby to find out what their sales and coupons are during the month.
- If you’re lucky enough to have a local scrapbook store or artist supply store ask if they are running any special Craft Month events or sales.
Share your talents:
- Offer to teach your local girl scout troop one of your favorite crafts.
- Or teach your favorite craft to the seniors at a local senior center
- Create a how-to video and post it to YouTube
- Teach a child how to knit, crochet, paint, scrapbook, etc. You’ll be making a lasting impression and possibly planting the love of crafting that will last a lifetime.
That’s 13 ideas but there are bound to be tons of other exciting events and opportunities out there to celebrate National Crafting Month. Do you know of some I haven’t listed? Share them below!