As I dive deeper and deeper into the role of mixed media artist I’m discovering a real need to practice, practice, practice. The only problem is that I also have to balance my business owner side with my artist side.
Enter Artist Trading Cards, or ATC’s for short. Small, the size of a baseball card, my thought is that creating them will allow me to practice, experiment with art technique and style. My first set of cards I entitled The Muses, a set of three faces, close up.
Follow along as I create Muse #1 in the video below ( the materials list is below the video.)
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a little money when you purchase via the link. It does not add any additional cost for you, but does help defer the cost of maintaining this blog.
- Artist Trading Card base cut from manila tagboard
- Caran D’ache NeoColor II crayons in salmon, cinnamon and saffron
- Derwent Inktense pencils in Baked Earth, Leaf Green, Apple Green, Ink Black
- Golden heavy body acrylic paints in Titanium White and Indian Yellow Hue
- Liquitex Basics heavy body acrylic paints in Brilliant Yellow Green and Unbleached Titanium
- Golden Fluid Acrylics in Quinacridone Magenta
- Simply Simmons round brush #6 and assorted generic small detail brushes
- Sharpie Fine Black Waterproof pen
- Uniball Signo White gel pen
- Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen