Instead of going to a party or watching the ball drop on New Year’s Eve I created the New Year in. I think it was appropriate, since one of my goals for 2016 is to give more time to making art. As we bid farewell to 2015 it seemed appropriate to create an art journal layout that allowed me to reflect on the good things that happened last year.
It all started with finding an image of antique sheet music to Auld Lang Syne, which I printed on kraft colored tissue paper giving it a true antique look. I knew I wanted to feature it as my background so I came up with the idea of creating pockets to hold mini tags, 12 of them, one for each month. This would allow me to put a memory for each month on a tag to look back on in the future.
The step by step is in the video below.
The products I used creating this art journal* layout are:
- Kraft tissue paper (mine came in a package I received, but you can find it for purchase as well)
- Manila tagboard
- Sizzix Original Die- Traditional Tags
- Ranger Glue and Seal
- Ranger Archival ink Jet Black
- Prismacolor Watercolor pencils
- Recollections glitter glue in ebony, copper and clear
- Recollections glitter ribbon in platinum
- Tim Holtz Alterations Pocket Watches Texture Fades Embossing folder
- Tim Holtz Worn Text Stamps by Stampers Anonymous
- Tim Holtz Clear Stamp set by Stampers Anonymous (unnamed?)
- Distress ink in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain
- White medium point Gelly Roll pen
- Faber Castell Big Brush Marker in Caput Mortuum
- Faber Castell black fine Pitt pen
- Small piece of burlap
*My art journal is the 5” x 8” Dylusions Creative Journal by Ranger